The Disability Royal Commission’s third progress report is now available on their website in Easy read, Auslan and pdf. It covers the period from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Some details about the second half of 2020 include:
- The number of submissions the Royal Commission received—669, mostly from NSW, Qld and Victoria.
- The number of private sessions held—119.
- The publication of responses to 4 issues papers:
- The completion of their culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) strategy.
- Progress made with the First Nations strategy.
The report closes with a summary of activities planned for 2021, including meeting with stakeholders in the first quarter to inform how they can reach Group Homes.