Every year on 3 December, people around the world take part in International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD), a day to celebrate the achievements of people with disability and promote awareness, understanding and acceptance in the community.
This year to celebrate we will be hosting a free online discussion panel with members of our advisory group with lived experience to explore the topics:
- Not all Disabilities are visible
- How to champion 'Nothing about Us Without Us'- the power and positive impact of speaking out in relation to the Disability Royal Commission
- Tammy — will be reflecting on her personal experience of Autism and ADHD
- Margherita—what it means to be part of an invisible disability group; the importance of Co-Design when it comes to ‘Not About Us, Without Us’ what the DRC needs to do to encourage recommendations from the Disability Community
- Selena —how she shared her story with the Disability Royal Commission (with the support of Your Story Disability Legal Support) and now feels a sense of empowerment and healing
- Brianna — will be discussing the different challenges she faces living with visible and invisible disabilities
Our guests will be talking about these topics based on their personal experiences and perspectives.
This is a free online event (using Microsoft Teams). All are welcome.
Registrations have now closed
Thank you for your interest in our discussion panel. Registrations have now closed.
For more information Email or Free call 1800 771 800 from 9:15am to 5pm AEDT, Monday – Friday (excluding Queensland public holidays)
By gathering to celebrate this day, we can promote understanding, remove obstacles for 4.4 million Australians with disability and make our community more inclusive.